The Script Task is used to perform an automated activity (which does not require a user to complete a form).
It is typically used to execute an expression or rule.
Configuring a script task
- Right-click the Script Task node on the designer canvas.
- Select Properties.
— or —
- Double-click the node on the canvas. The General tab of the Configure Script Task dialog displays.
This section contains tab configuration details specific to this smart service. For more information about common configurations see the Process Node Properties page.
The Data tab displays the node inputs and node outputs for the script task. Typically, script tasks are configured using node outputs.
- Select the Outputs property sheet. Click New Custom Output. The Expression Properties for the node output display.
- Create an expression to perform your scripted action.
- Select an operator from the Operator list. The default value (
is stored as) populates a process variable with the data generated by the expression.
- Select a process variable in one of the following ways:
- Select an existing process variable from the list. The list includes all previously-defined process variables with the same data type.
- Create a new process variable by clicking . The New Process Variable dialog is displayed. See the Configuring Process Variables help topic for more information on configuring a process variable.