The Script Task is used to perform an automated activity (which does not require a user to complete a form).
It is typically used to execute an expression or rule.
Configuring a script task
To access the task properties, do one of the following
- Right-click the Script Task node on the designer canvas, then select Properties.
- Double-click the node on the canvas.
The Configure Script Task dialog displays. By default, the General tab is active.
This section contains tab configuration details specific to this smart service. For more information about common configurations see the Process Node Properties page.
The Data tab displays the node inputs and node outputs for the script task. Typically, script tasks are configured using node outputs.
- Go to the Outputs tab.
- Click New Custom Output. The Expression Properties for the node output display.
- For Expression, create an expression to perform your scripted action.
- For Operator, select an operator from the dropdown list. The default value (
is stored as) populates a process variable with the data generated by the expression.
- For Target, select a process variable in one of the following ways:
- Select an existing process variable from the list. The list includes all previously-defined process variables with the same data type.
- Create a new process variable by clicking New Process Variable dialog is displayed. See the Variables tab for more information on configuring a process variable.
- If you're done configuring the node, click OK.