Configuring Trusted IP Addresses for Appian Cloud
The trusted IP address feature allows Appian Cloud customers to enable site access based on the IP address of the incoming connection.
- Allows companies and organizations to route access to Appian Cloud through a VPN or an office location's block of IP addresses, in the same manner as other intranet resources.
- Provides enhanced security that partially obscures the instance from being visible to the Internet.
- Secures the site against disaffiliated or unaffiliated users who hold valid credentials, if they attempt access from a blocked IP address.
Trusted IP addresses are defined and enabled globally in Appian Cloud sites. Upon customer request, the instance can be configured to restrict access based on:
Once enabled, requests coming from an IP address not listed as trusted are not processed. Users cannot access your Appian instance unless their request originates from one of the approved sources listed above.
Enabling Trusted IP Addresses
- Appian Technical Support enables this functionality for the entire instance upon customer request.
- To enable trusted IP addresses, please create a support case and provide the IP addresses or block of IP addresses to be trusted. Please also indicate in the support case whether you use or plan to use DevOps Infrastructure in your environments. If you use or plan to use DevOps Infrastructure, we will add the Appian Cloud outbound IP addresses to the list of IPs you provide us, thus allowing traffic originating from Appian Cloud in the regions in which your sites are hosted. You can enable Trusted IPs regardless of whether or not you use DevOps Infrastructure.
Updating Trusted IP Addresses
- Updates to the list(s) of trusted IP addresses can be made by Appian Technical Support upon customer request.