Robotic Process Templates
Appian RPA makes it easier to create robotic processes by providing you with templates to use as a starting point. This section contains information about the templates that come bundled with Appian RPA, as well as guidance on how to create your own templates.
How to use Appian RPA templates
Templates are meant to demonstrate the most common and general use cases for Appian RPA's modules. The examples can help you learn more about individual methods and understand how methods operate together in a robotic process. As you gain more experience in Appian RPA, templates can also serve as a starting point for you to write new methods and assign them to actions in a workflow.
Additionally, templates provide you with a pre-configured ZIP file with Appian RPA's required file structure. You won't need to create or reorganize folders because the template does this for you by default.
To use a template:
- Click Create robotic process in the Appian RPA console.
- Choose the best template to help you get started.
- After you give your process a name, the template's source code is automatically downloaded.
- Navigate to the
.java file in the template's folder structure.
Now you're ready to get started developing your robotic process in your local development environment.
Appian RPA includes these templates by default:
- Blank: This template includes no functionality, but it downloads the robotic process file structure and minimum code needed to get started.
- Basic: This template shows you best practices for creating an Appian RPA robotic process.
- Browser: This template creates a robotic process that opens a web browser using the Browser module.
- Browser-Linux: This template creates a robotic process that opens a web browser using the Browser module. The functionality is the same as the Browser template, but specifically for Linux operating systems.
- Excel DataProvider: This template creates a robotic process that opens an Excel file, iterates over data, and updates cells.
- Falcon: This template creates a robotic process that shows how to interact with images.
- Hello World: This template creates a robotic process that shows basic techniques in Appian RPA using the Client module.
- Queues: This template creates a robotic process that shows how to process items in a queue and update their status when finished.
- SAP: This template creates a robotic process to show how Appian RPA can interact with the SAP user interface.
- UIAutomation: This template creates a robotic process to show how to open and interact with Windows programs such as the Calculator.
This version of the Appian RPA documentation was written for Appian 21.1, and does not represent the interfaces or functionality of other Appian versions.