The Script Task is used to perform an automated activity (which does not require a user to complete a form).
It is typically used to execute an expression or rule.
Configuring a Script Task
- Right-click the Script Task node on the designer canvas.
- Select Properties. — or —
- Double-click the node on the canvas. The General Tab of the Configure Script Task Dialog Box is displayed.
This section contains tab configuration details specific to this smart service. For more information about common configurations see the Process Node Properties page.
The Data tab displays the node inputs and node outputs for the script task. Typically, script tasks are configured using node outputs.
- Select the Outputs property sheet. Click . The Expression Properties for the node output are displayed.
- Create an expression to perform your scripted action.
- Select an operator from the Operator list. The default value (is stored as) populates a process variable with the data generated by the expression.
- Select the process variable list. All previously-defined process variables with the same data type are displayed.— or —
- If you need to create a new variable to store your Script Task Output, click . The New Process Variable dialog box is displayed. See the Configuring Process Variables help topic for more information on configuring a process variable.