From the Appian RPA Console, you can create robotic processes based on templates that implement the basic features of the API modules. This section contains information about the templates that come bundled with Appian RPA.
How to use Appian RPA templates
Templates are meant to demonstrate the most common and general use cases for Appian RPA's modules. The examples can help you learn more about individual methods and understand how methods operate together in a robotic process. As you gain more experience in Appian RPA, templates can also serve as a starting point for you to write new methods and assign them to actions in a workflow.
- Hello World: The "Hello World" template creates a robotic process that shows basic techniques in Appian RPA using the "Client" module.
- Browser: The "Browser" template creates a robotic process that opens a web browser using the Browser module.
- Excel DataProvider: The "Excel DataProvider" template creates a robotic process that opens an Excel file, iterates over data, and updates cells.
- Queues: The "Queues" template creates a robotic process that shows how to process items in a queue and update their status when finished.
- Falcon: The "Falcon template" creates a robotic process that shows how to interact with images.
- SAP: The "SAP" template creates a robotic process to show how Appian RPA can interact with the SAP user interface.
- Basic: The "Basic" template shows you best practices for creating an Appian RPA robotic process.