Component plug-ins are packaged in ZIP files. This page describes the required ZIP structure.
The folder structure of your component plug-ins references properties from the plug-in manifest file including the component's
- Plug-in, packaged as a ZIP file
- appian-component-plugin.xml - Component plug-in package manifest
- Component folder, one for each component rule-name defined in the plug-in
- Component version folder, one for each major version (For example:
- Plug-in web content, including HTML, JS, CSS, etc. files. The HTML file used as the component's html-entry-point should be placed in this folder. Use subfolders for organization.
- Internationalization bundles (For example:
appian-component-plugin.xml manifest file and all component rule name folders must be at the root directory of the zip file.
- All paths for web content should be relative to its version folder as it will be unpacked into separate directories inside the container on deployment.
- Internationalization bundles are removed from the folder structure when the plug-in is deployed. Don't reference these files in your code.
- The allowed file types for web content are: .html, .htm, .css, .less, .js, .woff, .woff2, .png, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .svg, .ico, .map. Files not matching these extensions will be ignored on deployment.
In the following example:
- The package version is 2.1.0
- The package contains two components: mapField and directionsField
- mapField has two major versions
- directionsField has a single major version