ICC uses Google Dialogflow Enterprise Edition for virtual agent and agent assist features. This page walks you through the manual steps of setting up Dialogflow to work with ICC.
Make sure you've already downloaded the ICC package and have extracted the import customization file and Dialogflow agent zip file. You'll need these files as you go through the following steps.
Enable Virtual Agent and Agent Assist
By default all virtual agent and agent assist features are disabled. If you do not want to use Google Dialogflow to support virtual agent and agent assist you can skip the rest of this page.
To enable virtual agent and agent assist features, open the import customization file, uncomment the property value below
ICC_VAL_AI_FEATURE_TOGGLE, and set the value to
Create a New Google Project
This section should be completed by your IT/Admin team. The user performing these steps must have the ability to create a new Google project.
- Go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console
- Create a new project, give it an appropriate name, organizational domain, and location
- Enable the Dialogflow API
- Create a new Service Account
- Grant the Service Account Dialog Flow Admin role
- Create the Service Account key. Ensure that they key type is set to JSON.
- Open the import customization file
- Uncomment the property value for ICC_VAL_AI_GCP_PROJECT_ID, and set the value to the new Google project ID (not the project number)
- Update the following property values for the ICC_AI DialogFlow API Credentials connected system to the values found in the Service Account Key file:
Create a Dialogflow Agent
This section should be completed by an ICC administrator. The user performing these steps must have Project Owner and Dialogflow API Admin privileges.
- Open the Dialogflow console
- Create a new Dialogflow agent and associate it with your Google project
- Upgrade to one of the Enterprise Edition versions to enable DialogFlow’s sentiment analysis
- Edit the agent
- Enable beta features and APIs (General tab)
- Enable Sentiment Analysis (Advanced tab)
- Import the Dialogflow agent zip file using the Restore from Zip option (Export and Import tab)
- Save the agent
Create a Dialogflow Phone Gateway
- Click Integrations on Dialogflow console
- Select Dialogflow Phone Gateway
- Go through the process to apply for a phone number
- Open the import customization file, uncomment the property value for ICC_VAL_AI_GOOGLE_GATEWAY_PHONE_NUMBER, and set the value to the new Dialogflow phone gateway number
Create a Dialogflow Knowledge Base
- Click Knowledge in the Dialogflow console
- Click Create Knowledge Base
- Enter a name and save
- Add FAQ resources to the knowledge base
That's it for now. You'll have to make a few more updates to the Dialogflow configuration in later steps.