Components are reusable code objects that enable you to add functionality to your applications. The Shared Components hosted on Appian Forum have been developed by Appian, its partners and customers.
- Components must not contain any known vulnerabilities, malware or viruses.
- Components must not contain default passwords, auth keys, key pairs or other credentials for any reason.
- Components must not include software that collects and exports customer data without the customer's knowledge and express consent.
- Components must not include any proprietary third party libraries that require a license to be distributed or deployed in production.
- Components must include the source code.
- Appian reserves the right to retain the components' source code.
- Appian reserves the right to review and edit the description, documentation, or any other attribute provided along with components.
- Appian reserves the right to reject shared components that do not comply with the policies described here or for any other reason considered appropriate by the company.
- Only components compatible with supported versions of Appian are available through Appian Forum.
- Components for which version compatibility isn't clearly documented, will be removed from Appian Forum.
- The content is free to use with a licensed product, but it is made available as-is.
- Customers are responsible for validating and testing components before deployment in production.
- Customers are responsible for validating component functionality in their applications before upgrading to new versions of Appian Software.
- All plug-ins are use-at-your-own-risk, and their functionality is not guaranteed by Appian. All plug-ins should be tested thoroughly.
Cloud Deployment Guidelines
- Only components that meet the following guidelines will be eligible for deployment in Appian Cloud sites. The list is not all-inclusive, but instead it outlines the minimum requirements for a component to be considered Cloud approved:
- Source code is available for review.
- Must meet all policies described in the 'Policies' section.
- The Administrator service context must not be used.
- The code must not access the file system.
- External libraries must not require commercial licenses for distribution or production deployment.
- Class files must not be named com.appiancorp.* or com.appian.*. Plug-ins built by Appian are permitted to use subpackages of com.appiancorp.ps.*.
- Components must not directly use a specific set user or users other than the user provided via the initial constructor.
- Servlets are permitted (pending review), filters are not.
- Appian Technical Support will review and deploy components that meet the deployment guidelines to Appian Cloud sites within 1 to 2 business days.