During the execution of a process, alerts are automatically sent to process administrators, process model administrators, and system administrators when an error has been encountered. The default settings send alerts to all of these recipients.
- Process initiators and task acceptors are not included in this default list.
See also: Updating Process Model Properties
The following task errors will, by default, create an alert:
- The node inputs for an activity are invalid.
- A server error has occurred.
- The amount of time allocated for the completion of an unattended activity was insufficient to allow the activity to complete.
- An error occurred in executing a node input.
- The execution engine has reached maximum load.
- The sub-process started by this activity has been canceled.
- The sub-process started by this activity has been deleted.
- The user does not have privilege to the process that the activity attempted to start.
- This activity contains node outputs in excess of defined limits.
- The sub-process could not be started because the input mapping was missing required process parameters.
- The sub-process could not be started because the input mapping contained process parameters with incorrect types.
- An invalid expression has been encountered in a task.
- An unattended task has failed.
The following process errors will, by default, create an alert:
- An attempt was made to start a process without a Start Node.
- A timeout error occurred in the evaluation of a function within an expression.
- An invalid expression has been encountered.
- This activity contained an expression that generated data in excess of defined limits.
- A node tries to spawn too many instances at once.
- An error occurred when the Analytics Server attempted an incremental update.
- This process has been inactive for a time period exceeding defined limits.
Modifying Task and Process Alert Settings
To override or change the default task and process alert settings:
- Within the process model, open File > Properties to open the Process Model Properties dialog box.
- Select the Use custom error alert settings option.
- Select an error-notification list override from the following options:
- Send alerts to the process initiator: Only sends alerts to the user who started the process.
- Send alerts to process model owner: Only sends alerts to the author of the process model as listed in the Versions tab.
- Send alerts to the recipients defined by: Allows you to define a custom list of alert recipients through an expression that is evaluated when the process starts.
- Send alerts to the following: Allows you to select individual users and groups as the alert recipients.
- Click OK.