Set the Default Value of CDT Fields Based on a User Input
SAIL Recipes give you an opportunity to explore different interface design patterns. To learn how to directly use SAIL recipes within your interfaces, see Adapt a SAIL Recipe to Work with My Applications.
Set the value of a CDT field based on a user input.
This design pattern is not recommended for offline interfaces because reflecting immediate changes in an interface based on user interaction requires a connection to the server.
Test it out
- Type into the first text field, and notice that the second text field is pre-populated. The instructions of the form show the value of the CDT variable.
To write your data to process
Any Type is not a supported data type in the process modeler. Before creating the process model, you will need to create a CDT that matches the data structure of local!myCdt.
- Save your interface as sailRecipe
- Create interface input: myCdt (CDT)
- Remove the
- Delete local variable:
- In your expression, replace:
- In your process model, on the process start form or forms tab of an activity, enter the name of your interface in the search box and select it
- Click Yes when the process modeler asks, "Do you want to import the interface inputs?"
- On a task form, change the records node inputs to data type of the CDT used in the interface.
- On a start form, change the records process variable to data type of the CDT used in the interface.